Sunday, April 17, 2011

It's April....and we have a roof.


A lot has happened since February, and I couldn't be more happy about that. If only people would STOP telling me that NOW  is when things really seem to slow down in the building process. Plumbing and electrical are now both in the works. Windows should be arriving tomorrow.

I have found that it helps to be a decisive person when one is building a house. Conversations involving me usually go like this, "How do you want this ___________ to be?"
I think for about ten seconds and reply,
 "I don't know. What do you think?"

I'll admit it, sometimes I'm not much help, but sometimes it's simply because either I truly don't know or I truly don't care. And when I admit this, I fully realize that I'm giving up my right to complain about it later if I choose not to like it then. In defense of myself, I DID go to East Chattanooga Lumber last week and
decide on a door color ALL by myself.


 
The front of our house.



Another shot of the front.


Getting shingles.


The front of the house is rooved, or it it roofed?

To the right is the outdoor room, that WILL contain a fireplace eventually.

What an awesome outdoor room this will be......facing Lookout Mountain!

No comments:

Post a Comment